Monday, December 26, 2005

Back in N.Y.C.

Or at least I will be in about six hours.

I head down today for a whopping eight day stretch with my friend Greg. I'll going to be in New York until January 3rd. That's a long time...

Christmas was pretty good. Lots of food and family in Rutland. Nothing very note-worthy -- just Christmas. I did see Rumor Has It last night. I thought about writing up a review, but I decided not to waste any more time on the film. Needless to say, it wasn't very good -- almost Bewitched bad -- and you should not waste any money on it, no matter how much you love Jenn Aniston and her big, alien eyes.

So I'm both excited and nervous about this jaunt to the Big Apple. This is my first trip down since my ill-fated visit back in May. Last time there, I ended up doing very little because I fell ill. I am no fun when I am feverish. Here's to good health.

This is the first time I've taken the five-hour train ride to the city since I got trapped in one for nearly twenty-four hours, during Hurricane Phillip back in 1999. Today it's raining. Fingers are crossed.

And this is the first time I've been to New York since Duncan and I broke up during his five-week summer stay there. Not that I'm bitter. It's just that the city does have something else associated with now, for it this trip and probably all others from here on out.

Regardless of bad memories, I'm looking forward to this trip. Not sure what blogging will be like while I'm away. But New Yorkers out there, feel free to say hello. Perhaps I'll see you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment