Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas Wrapping

This time of year I'm always reminded of two things (among others):

1.) I really, really, really suck at wrapping presents. I mean, seriously, I'm wrap-tarded. I used to love watching my mom wrap when I was a kid -- she was so elegant, creative. She cut like an exacto knife. She folded like origami. She could curl ribbons and tie bows to make Martha Stewart jealous. But her son? He missed that gene. I may be gay, but I can't even cut straight. (But if you laugh at me, I will cut you.)

2.) Ever since I was five, I've wanted to be a Jew living in Canada. I even wrote/drew a picture book about it in elementary school. I don't know why, but I always wanted to convert and then renounce my U.S. citizenship. Thus far I've done neither, so instead I just crush on Canadians (my first-ever boy crush, Andrew) and date half-Jews (Duncan).

Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment